Phase 2b! We STILL plot & plan the resuscitation of our First Home, a 1917 Prairie Bungalow...on the California Coast. Our first house (year ~2 for us), we now have 3 daughters (and one bathroom). Stay Tuned as we juggle time/skills/parenthood, jump over pitfalls and pratfalls and and lastly through a hogshead of real fire!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Much time has passed since I seriously "houseblogged" (~1 year). This pretty much means that I have previously had little to blog about house-wise. Before I get into the Here-n-Now, lets start off with a quick summary:
2006 - Fall & Winter
- We close the deal on our first house, after much hunting in a blood-thirsty market [peak of prices, no less]
- Initial preparations begin, those that make "living with" difficult; many lessons are learned ['if it matters, do it yourself' if you can,for example]
2007 - Spring
- We move in and the progress slows to a crawl as our infant learns to do so herself.
2007 - Summer
- We confront our first domestic emergency.
- Our firstborn gets a much-needed Heart operation and spends the whole season in Hospital.
2007 - Fall & Winter
- We get back into the swing of Life and spend most of our time just being together in an half(done)house. Little house improvements are made, while fewer are mentioned here [perhaps a post-post is in order...]
2008 - Present
All of this year has been about our nuclear family sofar. The first part was dealing with the diagnosis that our firstborn's heart was actually failing, despite the surgeries. We did all we could to get her on the Heart Recipient's Transplant List, and a mere 55 days later we get the Call. We also got a little visitor (aka - daughter #3 is born).
We are a week away from reuniting back at our bayside prarie palace, as Michaela should be relased from Stanford [Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital] soon. My gas bill will drop by 2/3rds and we can start to look at real home improvements/restorations. It won't be long now until our first two daughters can wield a hammer...
Friday, June 13, 2008
[is this thing on?] WOW it has been a while since I have 'blogged on this thing!!!!
Well, much has changed since we last logged in (August 2007). We now have THREE daughters!!!! And I am MORE pleased than PUNCH!!!! Imagine coming home to (4) Girls!!!! I am the luckiest guy on the planet!!!! The latest one is dubbed "Merril Sophie" [Pictures will follow]. This one is (so far) SO QUIET! She has little to complain about (except the shortage of Daddy's cuddles).
Michaela [our First Born] received an "Heart Transplant" on the Day known as "April Fool's Day" this year (though no Fool was to be found). She dealt with the first month as the best of any, and is soon on her way HOME!!! It has been rough and it has been scary, but she has still been with us and we are the better for it! We are bound for the Berkeley Kite Festival and the 4th of July Fireworks (PLACE to be determined). Aftewrwards, the Discovery Kingdom is NEXT on our list. we aare a FULL family now!